By W. Richard Bowen
This is the 1st booklet to collect either the elemental conception and confirmed technique engineering perform of AFM. it truly is awarded in a fashion that's obtainable and worthy to training engineers in addition to to people who are enhancing their AFM abilities and data, and to researchers who're constructing new items and options utilizing AFM.
The e-book takes a rigorous and functional process that guarantees it truly is at once appropriate to method engineering difficulties. basics and strategies are concisely defined, whereas particular advantages for technique engineering are basically outlined and illustrated. Key content material contains: particle-particle, and particle-bubble interactions; characterization of membrane surfaces; the improvement of fouling resistant membranes; nanoscale pharmaceutical research; nanoengineering for mobile sensing; polymers on surfaces; micro and nanoscale rheometry.
- Atomic strength microscopy (AFM) is a crucial software for technique engineers and scientists because it permits superior tactics and products
- The purely e-book facing the idea and sensible functions of atomic strength microscopy in procedure engineering
- Provides best-practice information and adventure on utilizing AFM for approach and product improvement
Read Online or Download Atomic Force Microscopy in Process Engineering. Introduction to AFM for Improved Processes and Products PDF
Similar instruments & measurement books
This booklet bargains every thing the robotics hobbyist must research - what it's - the place to get it - the best way to start - from the writer of «Robot developers Bonanza! » thinking about the area of robotics yet dont understand how to faucet into the great volume of knowledge on hand at the topic? Clueless as to finding particular details on robotics?
A extensive, nearly encyclopedic review of spectroscopic and different analytical suggestions beneficial for investigations of part obstacles in electrochemistry is gifted. The research of electrochemical interfaces and interphases on a microscopic, even molecular point, is of important significance for a stronger realizing of the constitution and dynamics of those part barriers.
Innovations of Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy was once first released in 1967. within the 3 many years in view that, the thoughts linked to vacuum ultraviolet spectroscopy were enormously elevated. initially released as volumes within the serial "Experimental equipment within the actual Sciences," Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy combines in a single paperback quantity info at the many advances in vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) study.
Polarized gentle is a pervasive impression in our world-and scientists and engineers in various fields require the instruments to appreciate, degree, and use it on their virtue. delivering an in-depth exam of the topic and an outline of its functions, Polarized gentle, 3rd variation serves as a entire self-study instrument whole with an in depth mathematical research of the Mueller matrix and insurance of Maxwell's equations.
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory: Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards, Updated Version (National Research Council)
- Health 4.0: How Virtualization and Big Data are Revolutionizing Healthcare
- All about the telescope
- The Calendar: The 5000-year Struggle to Align the Clock and the Heavens - and What Happened to the Missing Ten Days
Additional info for Atomic Force Microscopy in Process Engineering. Introduction to AFM for Improved Processes and Products
23) where ks is the stiffness of the sample, assuming negligible deformation of the probe. For hard samples or soft cantilevers, keff kc. 24) Measurements were carried out on a SiO2 surface, freshly cleaved mica and on a silver metal film in air under ambient conditions. Values obtained were of the same magnitude, but not identical, to literature values obtained from Lifshitz theory and measurements with the surface forces apparatus (SFA). One possible reason for this divergence may be the presence of a contaminating water layer present on most surfaces under ambient conditions.
J. A. Ducker, Experimental determination of spring constants in atomic force microscopy, Langmuir 10 (1994) 1003–1004. M. A. Ducker, Lateral, normal and longitudinal spring constants of atomic force microscopy cantilevers, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 65-8 (1994) 2257–2531. E. Sader, Susceptibility of atomic force microscope cantilevers to lateral forces, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 74 (4) (2003) 2438–2443. A. J. M. Pashley, Direct measurement of colloidal forces using an atomic force microscope, Nature 353 (1991) 239–241.
Craig, S. Biggs, Elasto-plastic and visco-elastic deformations of a polymer sphere measured using colloid probe and scanning electron microscopy, Int. J. Adhesion Adhesives 20 (2000) 445–448. R. Castro, M. S. Petri, Adhesion forces between hybrid colloidal particles and concavilin A, Langmuir 22 (2006) 3757–3762. 30 1. Basic Principles of Atomic Force Microscopy  N. R. Bowen, Atomic force microscopy study of the rejection of colloids by membrane pores, Desalination 150 (2002) 289–295. R. Bowen, N.
Atomic Force Microscopy in Process Engineering. Introduction to AFM for Improved Processes and Products by W. Richard Bowen